Nanobowl Video Contest
The 2008 PhysicsCentral Nanobowl Winners!
Grand Prize Champion
Prize: Nanotrophy and $1,000 (normal-sized cash)
We would also like to recognize the following videos. They will also receive a Nanotrophy and certificate of recognition.
People's Choice Winner:
Angelo State Physics and Football - Nanobowl
The Fysics of Phootball
Thanks for all the fabulous entries. Stay tuned for our next video contest, coming soon! View all 27 entries.
The Nanobowl Nanotrophy
A nanoscale trophy will be created in silicon and metal, which will be visible only under super high magnification electron or scanning microscopes. At such minuscule dimensions, the width of the features will be about a thousand times thinner than a strand of human hair!
The trophy is being made right now by physicists of the Craighead research group at Cornell University in Ithaca , NY.
Video Contest Rules
- We recommend that the videos be two minutes or shorter. But if you feel you really need some extra time, go for it.
- All videos must be received by February 3, 2008.
- Submitted videos may be used by the American Physical Society in its activities, including posting videos on the Internet.
- Please submit your video via the YouTube Internet site at YouTube.com
- Tag your YouTube video with the term ‘nanobowl’ and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'nanobowl' in the subject line to alert us to your video's existence.